We have a new lifestyle site on our radar: Clementine Daily. Created by Executive Editor Erin Loechner and her inspired team, Clementine Daily’s mission is to celebrate the everyday – the good and the bad. We’re visiting it for the latest in style, beauty, design and food, as well as tips on wellness, etiquette, advice and inspiration. This week, we’re pleased to share the stories of each team member. Today, meet Clementine Daily Food Editor Julia Gartland.
Julia Gartland is the photographer, stylist and cook behind the blog, Sassy Kitchen. She cooks, eats (gluten-free) and shoots out of Brooklyn, NY. Most recently, she’s joined the team at Clementine Daily as Food Editor.
What are four things that inspire you?
1. "There's nothing like weekend brunches at home. I love to make a huge spread and spend hours over empty plates talking, reading the newspaper and naturally, drinking too much coffee."
2. "I'm always on the hunt for amazing props and home decor (since I'm in the middle of furnishing a new apartment). I love finding beautifully designed stores with all types of vintage-inspired goods."
3. "It's always inspiring to get out of the city and get some fresh air. When you're feeling stressed, even a simple day trip can totally revitalize your spirit."
4. "Whenever I'm lacking inspiration for recipe development, I'll always go to the farmer's market. Having a seriously fresh piece of produce in the height of its season is sure to get your creative juices flowing."
Who are some of your favorite BRIKA Makers?
Etta + Billie (left): "I love natural, homemade soaps and bath products. They are so much better for your skin when handmade with natural oils and essential oils for fragrance. My favorites are anything with orange peel, peppermint, lavender or bergamot."
Wind + Willow Home (right): "I love this shop of all sweet, wooden plates and bowls. The small design elements make them unique, but still casual for everyday use."
What are some of your favorite BRIKA products?
1. This + That Notepad: "I'm constantly jotting down notes, ideas and recipe inspiration on scraps all over my house. Instead of trying to keep track of hundreds of Post-its, this notebook would be perfect for jotting down ideas before they disappear."2. Small Maple Cheeseboard: "I'm always using wood boards for cheese plates, snacks, even toast in the morning. I love the pop of color and little leather strap. The little details make these cutting boards a little extra special." (You can win this cheeseboard on Instagram!)
3. Striped Label Stamp: "I love this stamp! It's the perfect way to spruce up hand-written letters and handmade gifts."
4. Bitter Orange Soap (Set of 2): "I can’t resist natural, homemade soaps, especially anything with orange peel."Check back tomorrow to see what inspires Clementine Daily's Associate Editor! If you haven’t yet signed up for BRIKA, hop to it and discover well-crafted goods from inspiring and passionate Makers at brika.com. Did you like this story? You’ll probably like these as well!