We have a new lifestyle site on our radar: Clementine Daily. Created by Executive Editor Erin Loechner and her inspired team, Clementine Daily’s mission is to celebrate the everyday – the good and the bad. We're visiting it for the latest in style, beauty, design and food, as well as tips on wellness, etiquette, advice and inspiration. And this week, we’re pleased to share the stories of each team member, kicking off with Clementine Daily Style Editor Hilary Rushford.
Hilary Rushford is a stylist, founder of Dean Street Society, and now Style Editor of Clementine Daily. She’s passionate about what she calls “creating providence.” Showing up as the best version of yourself – in your style, business or life – so you're ready when marvelous doors of opportunity swing open.
What are four things that inspire you?
1. "As a California girl, I rarely went to the beach growing up. It wasn't until I moved away for a few years that it really became this magical place for me to rest and renew."
2. "My Brooklyn neighborhood inspired my business name, and writing from our charming local coffee shops is one of my favorite parts about getting to work from "home.""
3. "I absolutely adore corporate adrenaline whether at a college football game or hearing my favorite band The Lone Bellow play – that magic energy lasts for days."
4. "Good, earnest conversation with my whip-smart and hilarious friends keeps my mind alive and my heart full."
Who are some of your favorite BRIKA Makers?
Milkhaus Design (left): "I'm smitten with mixing patterns (stripes, polka dots and checks!), and bags are the perfect way to do so with a patterned dress. I love Bethany's bags because their neutral colors pair with so much of your closet."
History and Industry (right): "As a stylist, I'm always encouraging my clients to dress remarkably – worthy of remark – so I adore statement necklaces. Irene's (right) are perfect because they have bright colors or light-catching elements that make any face look more joyful."What BRIKA products are on your wishlist?
1. Tarim Necklace: "Yellow can be a hard color to pull off, but it's so perfect as an accent."
2. Crossover Cobalt Clutch: "Royal blue is my new favorite as it goes with every neutral & jewel-tone hue."
3. Vintage Dress Cards: "If I was an artist, this is what I would sketch in my dreams!"
Check back tomorrow to see what inspires Clementine Daily's Home Editor!If you haven’t yet signed up for BRIKA, hop to it and discover well-crafted goods from inspiring and passionate Makers at brika.com. Did you like this story? You’ll probably like these as well!