- 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juce
- ½ tsp dried Italian herbs
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- 1 tbsp butter
1) Place chicken in a shallow dish and toss with olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Let chicken marinate while preparing the barbeque sauce.
2) For the barbecue sauce, in a medium saucepan, combine ketchup, Coke, brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and hot sauce. Whisk until well combined. Bring to a boil over medium heat, turn to low and let gently simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
3) Preheat a lightly oiled grill to medium-high heat and thread chicken pieces onto skewers. Discard any remaining marinade. Grill skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, turning after 8 minutes, until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through. Baste with barbeque sauce in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve skewers with remaining barbeque sauce.