Recipe by Kata Ambrus from De Mello Palheta Coffee RoastersIs it a brownie? Is it a cookie? In any event, one thing’s for certain: this hybrid is undeniably delicious. Serving up a heady dose of chocolate balanced with moist richness, these festive baked goods are destined to be a hit. Ingredients: 225g butter, room temperature 300g sugar 100g glucose (sub in corn syrup or honey in a pinch) 1 egg 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 60g melted semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate 200g flour 100g cocoa powder 3/4 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp baking soda 1.5 tsp salt Crushed candy cane Method:
- Cream butter, sugar and glucose in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment until light and fluffy
- Add egg, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate and beat until thoroughly incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and add to butter mixture. Mix on low just until fully incorporated.
- Scoop 60 ml (or 2 tablespoon-sized) portions onto a parchment-lined baking sheet at least 3 inches apart.
- Sprinkle with candy cane pieces.
- Chill for at least an hour, or cookies will not bake properly.
- Bake at 325 F for 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through.
- Allow cookies to cool on sheet pans. Cookies will keep for a week at room temperature in an airtight container.