Pearl is a young woman with many talents. Not only does this creative chameleon seek out and build relationships with the top-notch Makers featured on BRIKA, but she also has a passion for making herself. Over the next week or so, she's going to share some of her awesome DIY Valentine's Day card ideas with us. So grab your glue and prepare to get your craft on![caption id="attachment_1322" align="aligncenter" width="477"] BRIKA: Stamping our way into your hearts.[/caption]
Valentine's Day Craft Idea #1: Handmade Valentine's Day cards using a rubber stamp alphabet set.
I've always been a lover of handwritten letters and notes — simple notes with inside jokes that only your family, friends, partners and loved ones would understand and appreciate. Creating your own messages — with phrases you'll never find in a Hallmark card — are infinitely more thoughtful and meaningful.
With that in mind, I've come up with three cheeky Valentine's Day cards ideas that not only use your crafting abilities but also your wits. This first craft features an alphabet stamp set and a funny bone. Now, go get stamping!- Pearl [caption id="attachment_1323" align="aligncenter" width="477"] What you'll need.[/caption] Supplies:
- Plain white card stock
- Alphabet rubber stamp set
- Non-toxic red ink pad
- Ribbon + fabric hearts for decoration
- Elmer's white glue or glue gun
- Folder craft paper in half
- Come up with your cheeky comment and stamp it out across the paper, making sure to space it out before you put ink to paper
- Glue on your decoration of choice
- Give to someone who you know will appreciate your witty words